Monday, April 26, 2010

Surf's...... UP??

For those of you not from the Tampa area, we had an AWESOME storm last night and today the winds were really kickin' up so I headed out to a nearby beach to see whats was going on and came across this group of guys Kite Surfing and just had to get some shots of the action. I admit I don't have the skills, balance, or frankly the upper body strength for this extreme water sport, but it looks like so much fun that the little adrenaline junkie living inside me is just dying to try it. As of yet, this is the closest I've gotten.

A side note about the lack of color.... I was chided for shooting in black and white by my boyfriend Greg, who said it was a shame I wasted the beautiful afternoon light, which, it was indeed quite stunning, but the texture of the spray and the choppy water were far more interesting to me in monochrome. You be the judge.








No comments:

Post a Comment